Apply for assessment through MyAgedCare
- You can speak to MyAgedCare by calling 1800 200 422.
- You can apply online here.
Meet with a MyAgedCare Assessor
Your assessor will talk with you about your needs and desires. They may also ask you to fill out a form. After this conversation, the assessor will tell you which services may be helpful for you. Here are some things to remember, as you get ready for your face-to-face assessment:
- You can have a family member, friend or carer with you during the assessment. You can also have a translator if you need.
- You can ask the assessor any questions.
- You’ll need to have your medicare card with you and another form of ID, such as your driver’s license or birth certificate.
- You should have a copy of any referrals your GP has given you, and make sure you know the contact details of your GP. The assessor may want this information.
- If you’d like to explore a particular service—like Just Better Care—you can tell your assessor that.
Find out which kind of support you are eligible for
Applying for in-home care funding doesn’t have to be stressful or confusing. Here’s a recap of what you need to do:
- Ask MyAgedCare to assess your eligibility. You can do that by filling out the initial assessment form on this website or over the phone on 1800 200 422.
- MyAgedCare will arrange a time for an assessor to visit you.
- Get all your information ready. You need your medicare card and another form of ID, as well as any other medical information which might be relevant.
- Meet with your assessor. Answer their questions and ask your own questions.
- Find out which kind of support you’re eligible for and receive the relevant funding.