Benefits of self-managing a Home Care Package
1. Increased autonomy and flexibilityOne of the biggest benefits of self-managing a Home Care Package is the opportunity for greater flexibility and involvement for you and your family, in tailoring your Care Plan to specific needs and preferences. When you self-manage your package, you have more options with the care you receive and can choose and coordinate which independent contractors and allied health providers you want to work with. To ensure your safety is always put first, we can support you to make sure all providers you engage through your Home Care Package comply with government regulatory and screening requirements.
2. More choice of service providersWhen you self-manage your Home Care Package, you have the freedom to choose your service providers, allied health and independent contractors. This allows you to select services that best match your needs and preferences, and you can switch providers if you are not satisfied with the service you receive.
3. Potential cost savingsSelf-managing a Home Care Package can be cost-effective as you will reduce the fees and charges for a provider fully coordinating care and support, you may not have to pay a package management fee on top of your care management fee. You might also be able to negotiate prices with those delivering services. All fees will be outlined in your service agreement, which will detail what you will be responsible for as a self-managed customer, and what our team take care of.
Support just for you through the challenges of self-managing a Home Care Package
1. Additional responsibilities and paperworkWhen you self-manage your Home Care Package, you take on additional responsibilities, including managing your budget, keeping a record of invoices and coordinating your care services. If you become stuck with where to start looking for the right service providers for you, head to the My Aged Care website, who have a portal for all the providers available in your local area. When you are provider-managed by Just Better Care, we will lighten your load of endless admin which can free you up to spend more time doing the things you love.
2. Guidance when you need itWith a service provider like Just Better Care, we will help you successfully navigate the challenges of self-managing a Home Care Package, and ensure you feel confident and equipped with the right skills and knowledge to get the most out of choosing to self-manage. For example, we will give you tips on how to liaise with independent contractors and allied health providers, and how to manage your own care plan.
3. Help to ensure you stay on trackWhen you sign up with Just Better Care, you can be assured our Home Care Package and Finance team are only ever a phone call or email away. We suggest you regularly liaise with your Home Care Package Advisor, particularly with regards to the items or services you are wanting to be implemented. Our team will assist you in assessing items and services to ensure they meet the Home Care Package guidelines.
In conclusion, self-managing a Home Care Package can be a good option for people who want more autonomy over their care and are comfortable with taking on additional responsibilities. However, it is important to weigh the pros and cons carefully before deciding to self-manage your package. When you are a self-managed customer of Just Better Care, our experienced team of Home Care Package Advisors are here for you when you need guidance and support throughout your journey.
Whether you choose to be self-managed or provider-managed, you can always call us on 5353 5111 to speak with our dedicated team.